- RT @NBAcatwatch: Just a timely reminder that #TWolves G Andrew Wiggins has two cats back home with his family - Lugia and Peaches. https://… 1 day ago
- RT @frankiemacd: I love to be in Alberta during Winter especially in Calgary. 4 days ago
- This incredible video archive of @nenshi on the Senate is basically a complete mainline of Cowtown PoliSci. This is… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @perrybellegarde: Our hearts break on news of the passing of Wicapi Omani, “Walks Among the Stars”, Gord Downie an ally & friend. https:… 5 days ago
- Man, it's nice to have The Palace back. It's also so awesome to check a bucket list item off to… instagram.com/p/BaamES_H1bW/ 5 days ago
The personal blog of Colin Brandt, Ukrainian Organic Mic Mechanic
Colin Brandt was born in Calgary, Alberta in 1983, the same week that “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson was #1 on the Billboard Top 40 and “Mr. Roboto” by Styx was #3. “One on One” by Hall and Oates was #2, but that doesn’t really fit into his life in a meaningful way so we’ll just have to ignore that one. I guess he plays basketball, now, so there’s that.
Growing up in Calgary was a great experience for Colin – he found the best city in Canada to live if you wanted to be a free safety in football and a tenor in the school choir while being bullied for being both. Colin left Calgary for Victoria, BC in 2001, where he studied Political Science and further refined his capacity to act like he knew a lot about something while in fact remaining totally ignorant on the subject. This translated well into Communications, Marketing and a bunch of weird IT stuff that he has no business doing.
Colin moved back to Calgary in 2006 and spent a number of years working for accounting firms, which is a little bit like asking a cable technician to perform dolphin surgery. Now he works at the best undergraduate university in the country, loves his job and gets mistaken for a student all the time, which is adorable.
Colin lives and volunteers in Parkdale with his handsome but profoundly stupid cat Meak, too many kitchen utensils and things that plug into electrical sockets. He has the best friends and family in the known universe.