- RT @Slate: Expressive consumption keeps getting dumber. slate.trib.al/zW8e6X7 11 hours ago
- RT @DruhFarrell: Sacrificing the elderly for the sake of their donors. There is no bottom. 12 hours ago
- RT @mattufford: my favorite part of parenting is getting my kids ready for school. cajoling, repeating myself, grinding my teeth as I shake… 22 hours ago
- RT @AHS_media: “I had no hesitation getting a vaccine,” says Maureen Mallett, 72. “I miss being able to hug my children.” #shotofhope https… 22 hours ago
- RT @pixelatedboat: *hearing that murder is illegal now* I don’t want to be a cop anymore 2 days ago
The personal blog of Colin Brandt, Ukrainian Organic Mic Mechanic
Telling the truth.
August 17, 2012Posted by on
I know this is awkward and I feel ashamed having to do this en masse, but I need to be honest with myself and with everyone about what I need in my life and it is probably better to do this in front of everyone and just get it out of the way.
There’s a secret I’ve been hiding from most of you for a few years, and not revealing it has become increasingly difficult. I don’t think I can pretend any longer and while it may have a real impact on my relationships with friends and family, it’s too important to ignore.
I know this may be hard for some of you to understand, and I don’t blame you. It’s something that many people don’t want to talk about even in this modern day and age, but I feel like I should be brave and tell the truth, even if it hurts.
I want to try Dungeons and Dragons.
Old school table-top style, with people creating their own characters and acting in-character for the duration of the game. Dungeon Masters, multisided dies, orcs, acid pits, the whole shebang.
I might be the only one I know, and if that’s the case, at least I told the truth. But if anyone wants to try it with me, message me. I promise we will be discreet.